Saturday, February 27, 2010

I went to see.....

.....Céline: Through the Eyes of the World!! It's a movie that was released last Thursday allowing her fans an in-depth view of her Taking Chances World Tour in 2008. Now, there are 2 reasons why I really really wanted to go see the movie. 1. I am obsessed with her. 2. I had a chance to see her on her World Tour in Montréal on August 15, 2008, her first time back in Canada after not being here for 7 years. Let's just say that Montréal went a little crazy, (me included).

Since most of you know about my obsession with Céline this won't be news to you but I'm going to reminisce about my Céline experiences anyway....

I was living in Halifax at the time, with Clarisse and Lori on Inglis St. and in my 3rd year of university at Saint Mary's. Louanne, Cla's sister was also living in Halifax at the time and has a tiny Céline obsession as well. I don't remember exactly how and when I found out that Céline was going to be in Vegas for a few years but when I did, I told my mother I was going to see her. I think her exact words were: "Oh, yeah, must be nice." I think, scratch that, I know my parents were thinking I was being selfish hence they were paying for ALL of my university expenses at the time...I don't know why they would think that...
So I kind of put it in the back of my mind all the while knowing deep down that I was going to find some way to get there...

It's kind of strange how the world works. My grandfather passed away during my first year of university, in 2001, leaving everything to my grandmother. After he passed, she began to go downhill slowly from there and my mom was appointed power of attorney. Mom told us that Grammy had $1000 set aside in her account for each one of her grandchildren. Not only did she have that money set aside for us, she told Mom that she wanted the grandkids to spend the money on something they really wanted and nothing like school or loans, you know, stuff young adults should be spending their money on.

You can see where this is going....I took the $1000 and booked my flight to Vegas with Louanne and Marie-Belle!! (After some serious coaxing with phrases like: You only live once, you guys are going to get married soon and your lives will be over (haha), there will be kids to think about, blah, blah, you know, the normal make people feel guilty and want to come with you kinda stuff...

We were there 3 nights and 4 days and we had a blast! I think we were the poorest people there but it didn't matter! And then the big night came.....I couldn't sleep the night before nor eat the day of. I would post pics but they are in a photo album back home.

As you can imagine, the show was AMAZING and I bawled my eyes out the whole time. Thank god cameras were not allowed in the auditorium because Louanne and MB would still be blackmailing me with those today. Imagine someone smiling, singing, and crying at the same time.....not cute. Louanne and MB were pumped after the show and wanted to go downtown but I was emotionally exhausted! When I woke up the next morning all I wanted to do was go buy another ticket for that night's concert. I thought that after seeing her once in concert it would satisfy my urge, but it has done the exact opposite....it's like a drug!

So I find out she is planning a World Tour. She announces she's coming to Montréal. I lose it. I ask Joel if he will come with me cause he's the only person I know that will pay $300 for a ticket. He makes a deal with me: He will come see Céline with me if I go watch Iron Maiden with him. Agreed. Concert #2 is booked. Back in Moncton, all my girlfriends are super jealous that I have tickets and really want to come. Since Joel totally doesn't mind giving up his ticket, Steph and I head to Montréal. Here are some of the pics of that concert!

This is the morning of the concert...I was sporting the required paraphenalia


The crowds at the Bell Centre waiting for a glimpse of Céline


The red carpet


Montréal was very happy to have Céline back!


Steph and I patiently waiting for the concert to start!


And there she is!!!


Again, this show was fantastic and left me wanting more.....

So, Céline is returning to Vegas....I wonder how this trip will pan out?

1 comment:

Terri said...

So if I say that I would like to go... and don't know all of her stuff... I just would want to go for the fun and "girl" trip atmosphere... would you still let me come!? I love your story... kinda funny how you "convinced" your friends to come along!! Hee hee...
PS: I remember the event well! ;-)