Monday, February 1, 2010

Already slacking

I know, I know...I said I was going to post everyday and I am already slacking in that department. It's just that I had such a relaxing weekend that I hardly even opened my computer! I really needed a weekend to myself which it exactly what it was..Friday night I laid on my couch and watched 3 straight hours of King of Queens re-runs. The neighbours probably thought I was having a party cause I was laughing so hard. Little did they know that I was by myself in my apartment....I know I'm a loser. I had every intention to sleep in on Saturday morning but of course my internal alarm clock was awake at 8:30 so I got up around 9 made some Kicking Horse coffee (best coffee ever) and read Generation X for a good two hours. It was great! Saturday afternoon I decided I needed more sleep so off to bed it was again...i LOVE naps.

I had decided early in the week last week that February was going to be the month that I got back on track with Weight Watchers. You see, last year I lost 30 pounds on Weight Watchers and I felt great! The only downside to this is that I gained it all back....

So Saturday evening I left with my WW cookbook in hand and headed out to do some smart grocery shopping. 3 hours and lots of money later I was ready to start my grand diet. I also stopped by the movie store and rented Doubt, Fried Green Tomatoes and Babel. If any of you have not seen Doubt, DON'T rent it! I thought it was horrible! Just when I thought the punch line of the movie was coming, the movie ended! If you did see it, did any of you like it? Fried Green Tomatoes is much more my style. I have yet to watch Babel but I'll let you know what I think of it.

So Sunday was a big day....I made WW blueberry streusel muffins, Chicken Saagwala; which is a chicken curry rice dish that was AMAZING and Creamy Spinach Spaghetti. This was a mixture of ricotta cheese, spinach, onions and garlic with whole wheat spaghetti. Basically I am set for the week, lunches and suppers. I am very proud of myself cause I don't usually like to cook. I did also find time to take yet another nap and finish reading my Generation X book which I am reading for Canada Reads (more about that later)

All in all it was an excellent weekend!

Oh and here is today's quote:
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end." - Margaret Thatcher

No comments: