Friday, February 5, 2010

Yesterday and today

Yesterday's quote was by a lady by the name of Brooke Astor who said - "Money is like manure, it's not worth a thing unless it's spread around."

Today, thank god, is Friday. I went to bed too late last night and am feeling it this morning. It's been a CRAZY week and I am really looking forward to the weekend. I have some really fun things to do!! Tonight I am heading for home but making a pit stop in Digby to visit Mabyn, Adam and Mya!! It's really weird how I get addicted to little kiddies. The same thing happened when Anya was born. The minute they start showing off their little personalities I am hooked and love to be around them. I haven't seen Mya since the week before Christmas and she has grown sooo much since then. I will post some pics of her when I get back this weekend. So yeah, I am going to have a sleepover in Digby and then head home in the morning for some rest and relaxation with fam and friends. I find it really tough being away from the girls and only getting to see them on weekends. Yes, we talk to each other on the phone during the week but it's just not the same as hanging out with them.

When I was mulling over life decisions last year, one thing that kept me from putting my foot forward was the fact that over the years I had let friendships disconnect and fade away and now that I was facing a major event in my life I didn't want to all of a sudden rely on them 100% when I hadn't been giving 100% of myself to those same relationships. I felt that my friends deserved more. So, I did what I had to do for myself and leaned on my friends as much as I felt I should. I confessed to them that I felt I had not been as good a friend as I should have been and that I felt guilty for this. It felt very good to finally be able to express the way I felt and I believe it made them feel better as well that I had noticed and understood their feelings. I feel like I am rambling on and not making any sense but what I am really trying to say is that my friends are very important to me and I believe that I am a better person because of the people that I chose to have in my life. I don't believe that we tell each other enough that we love each other so I am telling you all now. I have a little quote of my own that I would like to share with you regarding friends and making time for them... "Don't let life get in the way"

On a lighter note, "We have reason to believe that man first walked upright to free his hands for masturbation." - Lily Tomlin

1 comment:

Terri said...

I love you, too, Suz!!!!!