Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I got to wake up to this on Saturday morning.....Miss Mya.

She is so precious and I can't believe it's going to be her 1st birthday soon!! Mya was born in England and I wasn't there to celebrate her being born so I am going to make up for that on her 1st birthday! If any of you have any good and original ideas as to what to get a 1yr old please let me know! Oh and Mabyn, I don't expect an answer from you :p.

On Sunday I left to come back to the city so I could make the Super Bowl party that my friend Nick and his wife Janice were hosting. I should have left earlier because it took me 4 HOURS to get back to Hali from home. (Normally the drive is only 2.5 hours) Yes, ok there was a little bit of snow on the road but it is absolutely unnecessary to drive 60km/hr and brake every 2 seconds. For those of you who are thinking, "why didn't she just pass the cars?", I inform you that there are about ummmm....let's see...maybe 5 passing lanes on the 300km single lane highway. That was probably the only good thing about living in Moncton. When I wanted to come to Halifax, I jumped on the highway and it was a double lane all the way so I just went along my merry way, passing all the cars and not worrying about meeting the po-po. When I finally did get a chance to pass the cars on the ride back home, I put on my 4-way flashers while doing so....it's my way of telling them that they are driving too slow. I know, I'm mean but it's not my fault I have road rage.

So I arrived late to the party but the game was only in the first quarter. Now, I'm going to be honest. Sunday was the 1st time I had ever watched a football game in my life. I would purposely find other things to do when I lived in residence at Saint Mary's and I could watch the SMU Huskies play on the field from my dorm room. I'm not a big fan of football players. But the company was good and we had a great time. All my boys from law school that are articling in Halifax were there and I got to socialize with their better halves which was refreshing change...hehe. One of the girlfriends had made these especially for the party...I was impressed!!!

The cupcake holders....I can't think of the proper word for them right now....are even football themed!

This gave me an idea for the gold medal hockey game that Canada will hopefully be in in a couple of weeks. Cross your fingers for them!!

2 comments:

The Bing's said...

Look at you and all your creativity! The cupcakes are adorable and look delicious!! What a face to wake up to on a Sunday morning... she is a total cutie, I think I met her at miss Lyla's first birthday... for gifts I always stick to clothing and maybe a small toy especially for a first birthday... books are always great too!!! Love that you are blogging!!

The Conner Clan said...

Howcome my baby looks orange even though she hasn't had any orange food in weeks?? Maybe she's just destined to be orange...and howcome you're not expecting an answer from me? :( I actually have a little list ready because I was expecting people to ask me what to get her :( but it's ok...you can just get her whatever. :P