Monday, March 1, 2010

Circus

"Every country gets the circus it deserves. Spain gets bullfights. Italy gets the Catholic Church. America gets Hollywood." - Erica Jong

When I first read this quote, I started trying to figure out what Canada's circus was. My first thought was hockey, as it was only yesterday that we rocked the hockey world with our goal medal win in Men's Hockey, won in overtime by our own Sid the Kid. But then I thought, no, hockey and canadian sports aren't really a circus, they are more something that Canadians should be and are proud of. I associate a circus with somewhat negative connotations and something that is kind of out of control. Then it hit me...Canadian weather is our circus. From the Hurricane that someone forgot to mention was going to pass last Friday, to the 40cm of snow we get in the blink of an eye to the insufferable heat and humidity that graces our houses and 4th floor apartments in the summer, that is, what I call, a cirus. What do you think our great country's circus is?

1 comment:

The Conner Clan said...

ummm...im kind of in agreement about the weather...but maybe the government? i haven't decided yet...i'll let you know.