Sunday, January 24, 2010

So, I'm starting a blog. I have been thinking about it for awhile and although this might sound stupid, it's kind of my late New Year's resolution. I want to start a blog not so much so that other people can read it but for myself. I want to be able to remember when important or fun things happen and I want to remember what I felt like when these things were happening. It's easy to remember little bit and pieces of things but most of the time the details are missing. As some of you that are reading this know, one of my passions is picture taking. I won my first camera at the Foodland in Weymouth when my grandmother put my name in a draw instead of her own and low and behold I won! I think I was 12. At first, I just took pictures of my little sister and those stupid and embarassing "pose" pictures that you do with your friends when you are that age. But after awhile I realized that I absolutely loved taking pictures and capturing moments. Because I only one of the last people on earth to get a digital camera I printed ALL the pictures that I took and wrote a little blurb about each and every picture. I wanted to be able to look back and remember why we were laughing or what we were doing. Having a digital camera doesn't let me do that as much because I have fallen behind and have not printed pictures for a long time now. All this to say, I feel that life goes by too fast and that we have to have some way of capturing and preserving memories so that not only can we look back and talk and laugh about them but also so we can look forward and take comfort in the fact that we will always be creating new ones.

1 comment:

The Conner Clan said...

Congratulations on your first blog! I will be stalking it to see future awesome posts so don't be a slacker like me and go eons between your blogging!

love you!